Wednesday 24 August 2011

Introduction

Greetings! Welcome to my very first blogging attempt. I figured that I would use this forum to attempt to keep all my family, friends, and Rick Hansen fans up to date on the 25th Anniversary Relay, and my adventures, experiences, and interactions with all the incredible Medal-Bearers I am sure to meet along the way. I am hoping to be able to find time to create some quality posts, complete with photos and videos, and lots of clever, witty comments...emotional, touching stories...humourous happenings...and quotable quotes. There's no doubt there will be plenty of all of those over our 9 month (273 day) journey.

The first few posts will be rather sparse and lacking any sort of "pizzazz" or pictures while I figure this whole thing out. They will get better as I learn and as I hopefully find more time once the Relay settles in a bit. It has been several days of long hours as we get the final preparations in place for Wednesday's Relay Launch in Cape Spear, NL. I look forward to trying my best to create a lasting memory of this incredible event that will hopefully once again unite a nation, inspire Canadians to be Difference Makers in their own way, and help to make a healthier, more accessible, and more inclusive society for all of us.

I hope you enjoy keeping up with the Relay both on my blog here, and on the Official Relay website http://www.rickhansenrelay.com/. You can also learn more about Rick and the Foundation at http://www.rickhansen.com/

Thanks!

Jonesy

No comments:

Post a Comment